About Me

My photo
I am a vintage loving, inspired to be crafty, addicted reader, avid movie watcher, amateur reviewer, culture adoring, independent domesticator,Strives to be healthy, mom to 2 wonderful fur-balls, and finally a passionate-loving friend, sister, daughter and girlfriend

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Book Review: Late Eclipses



Late Eclipses By Seanan McGuire
Series: October Daye 
Release Date: March 1st, 2011
Genre: Urban Fantasy

Reading Order:
Rosemary And Rue
A Local Habitation
An Artificial Night 
Late Eclipses

Synopsis

October "Toby" Daye is half-human, half-fae-the only changeling who's earned knighthood. But when someone begins targeting her nearest and dearest, it becomes clear that Toby is being set up to take the fall for everything that's happening.


Not much of a back cover synopsis, huh? But regardless of the lackluster information provided for this book, it was a thrilling read!

Review

Late Eclipses is the fourth book in the October Daye series that takes you on a non-stop, action packed and emotional ride from page one. Toby ( aka October)  has finally found a balanced and safe point in her life after her horrific and soul breaking encounter with Blind Michael in An Artificial Night. But poor Toby, life can never stay simple. She gets word that her dear friend Lily,the Lady of the Tea Gardens, has fallen gravely ill. When all signs point to Lily being poisoned, Toby quickly jumps on the case. However with others falling ill, The Queen coming after her with a malicious vendetta, along with her live in fetch as constant reminder of her imminent death, and finally Toby being haunted by an evil in her past that makes her question her own sanity, will she find out who is behind it all? Or will other obstacles keep her from helping those she loves?


This book is riveting. I have no other words to describe it. McGuire did a phenomenal job with character development. We see her building a life with May, becoming closer with Tybalt-King of Cats, Connor, as well as, Toby discovering her heritage. We see her internal battle over her sanity, and her selfless decisions when saving those she cares about. For those seeking answers, then you will not be let down. McGuire opens Toby's past and allows us to learn about her father and mother, along with what Toby is. However, that pesky Tybalt/Connor/Toby relationship, or lack there of, is still hanging in the air. But at least McGuire gives us hope and a little bit more interaction between Toby and her men. These along with many other exciting answers come with Late Eclipses, but with answers, often comes more questions, and this holds true in this book. But hey! Don't fear, because the fifth October Daye Book One Salt Sea comes out in September! 


You can buy Late Eclipses at Amazon and Barnes and Noble

Switching Gears 
It has been a personal goal of mine for over a year to motivate Danny into reading with me. I find reading incredibly enjoyable, and I am often pimping out books to my friends. I even made Lynda a Library card! So after many failed attempts at finding the right book that can inspire and maintain the bf's attention, I think I have found the answer. We went to Barnes and Noble, my favorite place on Earth, and browsed books for nearly two hours- I can be there all day and never be bored. I stumbled upon a blue book with a dog on the cover. Danny loves dogs. I open the first page to see if the writing style is something he would be intrigued with. and wow. My immediate thoughts are: "This book is perfect. I want to read this book myself". With the book in tow, I speed walk around the tall walls of books and goodies trying to spot Danny. I stumbled upon him in the Non-fiction Sports section.. go figure. I let him read the first couple of pages, and he gives me the thumbs up! I purchased the book for him, and then download it for myself( I love my Nook). So without further a due!!!

Danny and I will be reviewing


It has the beginnings of a promising and prolific read. I can't wait. Look for my review next week!!!!

Man we eat good. 
  Wish me luck on making this dish tonight : Thai Curried fish

No comments:

Post a Comment