About Me

My photo
I am a vintage loving, inspired to be crafty, addicted reader, avid movie watcher, amateur reviewer, culture adoring, independent domesticator,Strives to be healthy, mom to 2 wonderful fur-balls, and finally a passionate-loving friend, sister, daughter and girlfriend

Thursday, March 31, 2011

Life as a Muscial and Giveaway!

You heard correctly! Like the Rain is hosting a giveaway on her blog!
She has THE cutest blog ever, so it wouldn't hurt to follow her.
She talks about everyday life, tips on home-made goodies, and she is quite crafty.

I buy Disney movies. It's my thing.
I wish my life was like a Disney movie. Animals would talk to me, I could break out in random song and dance, and more often then not, I will become a Princess.

I bought Tangled yesterday, I had to go to two different Targets to find it!

After dinner, Danny and I cuddled up on the sofa and started the movie.

I like watching previews. I like to see what is coming out.
and one preview got me so excited, I broke out in chills

 EKKKK!!!!  I Squealed. SQUEALED!
I love the Lion King.
It is the only movie I stole from my parents house. and it's in VHS and I still watch it. ( yes I have a VCR still)
So this Fall I will be buying the Lion King. I will be dancing with Simba, Timon and Pumba. I will be crying when Simba loses his dad. And I will cheer with Simba becomes King. 
I love the Lion King.

Recipe!
This is one of my favorite fish recipes. and it is de-lish-us!


I have had book ADD this month. I was reading 5 books AT ONCE! Yikes. but thankfully  I have finished two today.
Review Round Up.





The Art of Racing in the Rain by: Garth Stein
You might remember this is the book I got for Danny to read. He finished! He loved it. and now he is on a reading kick, with his new KOBO.

From the back cover:
Have you ever looked at a dog and wondered whether there might be more to him than meets the eye? Well, Enzo knows he's different from other dogs. True, he hasn't got opposable thumbs, and yes, he still thinks you can't beat chasing birds once in a while, but Enzo is almost human. Through listening to the words of his master, race driver Denny Swift, Enzo has gained a real insight into the complex world of people. With its unexpected twists and turns, he sees that life, like racing, isn't simply about going fast. On the eve of his death, Enzo takes stock of his life, recalling all that he and his beloved family have been through. He remembers the sacrifices that Denny has made, the painful loss of Denny's wife Eve, and the trauma of the battle to retain custody of their daughter Zoe from her manipulative grandparents. As Enzo heads into the light, hoping fervently to return as a smooth-skinned man, he knows that for him at least, the race to save his family has been won.

Review:

If you love dogs or If you've ever been loved by a dog, you'll know that Enzo's narration is spot on. Enzo lives the life of an everyday dog, who saw a television program on reincarnation and is convinced, without a doubt, he will be human in his next life. Garth Stein did an impeccable job interpreting the  looks, groans, grunts, growls, snorts, huffs, whines, pushes, nudges and snuggles that dogs do and turn them into exactly what you think your dog is thinking. There are some really heavy themes covered in this story, denial of signs and symptoms of a terrible disease, false accusations of sexual assault, the loss of a child to manipulative grandparents and the inability to achieve dreams because of responsibilities. But viewed through the eyes of Enzo, they are easier to read about and are seen through a veil of compassion and steadfast loyalty.

This is a light read, and incrediably enjoyable. you will laugh with Enzo, and cry with Denny. I recommend this book to everyone. It's heartfelt and loving. You will finish the book with a whole new respect for dogs. 

You can find this book at 


Ok, now for the Sci-fi Lovers!
 Predators of Darkness By Leonard  Hilley III

From the cover:
The desolate streets of downtown Pittsburgh in 2073 are a reminder of the missile attack that forever changed the lives of the surviving scientists and students hidden in the fallout shelter of Helmsby's Genetic Research Center. Believing themselves to be the only survivors, they station themselves inside the center until food supplies near depletion. Thinking the fallout has lessened, they emerge three years later to discover strange creatures patrolling the streets in search of human flesh and blood. The creatures possess the ability to shift their genomes and alter their appearances by realigning their genetic sequences. Daniel Hutchinson, their leader, teams with Lucas Ridale and together they set out to scavenge the area for food and supplies with the hope to find other survivors. But Daniel's most recent journey uncovers mysteries more frightening than the shifters. He discovers the tip of Pittsburgh has been fenced off from the rest of the area. Low-flying helicopters observe the streets, making him ponder the question: Were the shifters released as simply part of a military experiment with humans being their prey?

Review:
What would you do if you survived a nuclear fallout? How would you survive? 
Predators of Darkness is prefect for  sci-fi lovers. The world Hilley has created is devastating, which leaves you only to imagine how you could survive in world filled with genetic monsters caused by what appears, at first, to be a nuclear fallout. You are taken on ride with Hilley's characters as they try to uncover what happened to their world. Sometimes I found the dialog between the characters to mechanic and lacking emotion. But once I jumped over that hurdle I was thrown into an exciting ride with twists and plot turns that kept me guessing until the end. And I was pleasantly surprised by the romance elements that were thrown in. 

You can find this book at: 

 Currently Reading:

 

No comments:

Post a Comment