About Me

My photo
I am a vintage loving, inspired to be crafty, addicted reader, avid movie watcher, amateur reviewer, culture adoring, independent domesticator,Strives to be healthy, mom to 2 wonderful fur-balls, and finally a passionate-loving friend, sister, daughter and girlfriend

Friday, February 25, 2011

Hello World! I can see again.

This is my first blog.. well since Xanga. Does Xanga even count as blog? I'm going to say yes. So... here is to re-creating 2004!

Some may ask, "Elishia, why are you starting a blog?"

My simple,uncomplicated, answer: I have been reading ( stalking ) other blogs for years. I have been a dedicated reviewer on goodreads.com, amazon, Barnes and Noble, kraft Foods, Allrecipes.com, google.com and many other various websites. So the brilliance that is Danny(the bf) suggested I post my crazy ideas on one complete source.... which leads us to... "Forever Growing...Forever Evolving"

The blog will include book, music, movie reviews/ideas, as well as healthy tips involving food and lifestyle, along with, crafts, and homemade goodies. Plus some updates on everything that involves Elishia.. and that is semi-interesting.

First Order of Business!



Adele.
Thank you Ellen Degeneres for introducing me to the beautifully talented, British songstress. I am guilty of watching her on youtube all day while working, trying my best to sing with as much soul and love that she can, my poor boss' ears.

Her Sophomore Album "21" was released in the United States this past Tuesday, and I promptly had Danny download the album.


Immediately you notice that her range in song genres has grown since her first album "19". She now has a mix of mo-town, an upbeat soul, piano ballads, and even a country inspired tune. She is truly limitless.

The first song on the album "Rolling In The Deep", an upbeat soulful blast with a 1960's Motown feel, is attention grabbing, which explains it being the first release for the Album.

My favorite tunes from Adele are the soulful ballads. "Someone like You" is beautiful, and after hearing the love in her voice it is easy to see why she is currently number in 17 countries.

With Adele everything is raw. You can literally feel the pain, heartache, passion and love in the songs. And sadly, we are missing that in a lot of what is on the radio today.

And on top of it all, the girl an sing live. I was telling Danny this morning that if I had a voice like Adele my life would be a musical. I would sing every word.




If you don't believe, check out her new Release Rolling in the Deep


Go buy the Album.. I guarantee you will love it.

Onto personal news...


I got Glasses. EKKKK!

1 comment: