They are absolutely the cutest couple you will ever meet.
I always picture them sitting in their matching recliners with smiles of happiness on their faces.
This past weekend was their Wedding Anniversary.
Guess how many years it has been. Go ahead and guess.
They are my inspiration.
And thanks to facebook, we were able to celebrate with them, Thanks Matt!
And after seeing these pictures.. there is no doubt, we are going to NY in October for my cousins wedding and also to celebrate my Grandparent Hazelton's 50th Wedding Anniversary, see so much love to celebrate.
I can't wait to see everyone.
My weekend was packed full of fun.
We celebrated the gift of life.
Congrats Hieu and Nhu on your beautiful baby girl, Olivia!
and these delicious treats were at the party.
Look who got a Kobo Wifi E-reader.
We drove all the way to Lawrence for the KOBO, since the Borders there is closing, and they were selling it at a great price.
I have the Barnes and Noble Nook. I love my Nook., it's my baby. It's always with me. I will remember to grab my Nook before I remember to grab my phone.
Any-who, we were excited to open Danny's new toy and play with it.
Then we hit a brick wall.
It does not read Pdf's well. AT ALL. It keeps the pdf format in 8.5 by 11in configuration, making it virtually impossible to read on the 6 inch display screen without having to constantly thumb through the navigation arrows.
So after an hours worth of headaches trying to figure out how to properly read pdfs then discovering that we need to reformat them into EPUB files using the free software Calibre, we finally love the KOBO.
It is so lightweight. It makes my Nook look like a dinosaur.
The user inerface on the KOBO is simple to navigate through, and the page turn is extremely fast.
My Nook has more bells and whistles though.
I have 3G and wifi connectivity
surf the internet
touch screen at the bottom
play games
listen to music and books.
surf the internet
touch screen at the bottom
play games
listen to music and books.
But mine also cost $199 ( but I got the first edition.. so it was actually $250.. grrrr)
and Danny's was a steal of deal at only $58 with tax. Plus his came with 100 ebooks already loaded. JEALOUS.
If you are looking for a basic, read only ebook reader, then the KOBO is for perfect for you especially if you are on a budget and Borders near you is closing.
So we are officially a reading couple. yay!




Congrats to your grandparents!! Thats so awesome! They look soo cute. I sure hope to be just like them when Wayne and I get old and gray:)
ReplyDeleteAre you serious?? Only $58?! Why didn't you tell me?! I totally want one now. What a great deal.
Thought you might enjoy this: http://www.kansascyclist.com/news/2011/03/bicycle-parking-at-kauffman-stadium/
ReplyDelete