About Me

My photo
I am a vintage loving, inspired to be crafty, addicted reader, avid movie watcher, amateur reviewer, culture adoring, independent domesticator,Strives to be healthy, mom to 2 wonderful fur-balls, and finally a passionate-loving friend, sister, daughter and girlfriend

Monday, May 16, 2011

Journey.

My mom is obsessed with this band. So obsessed that she is trying her absolute hardest to ensure that either my sister, or I, will name her- much distant future- grandchild this name.

well mom, your dream is coming true... sorta.

say hello to Journey. She is a Canon T2i, and I loves her.

after many fights with Nebraska Furniture Mart and their lying employees... then canceling the order all together and ordering her from NY, she is finally in my hands, and she is so much fun to shoot with.



Now my blog will have pretty pictures. 

Emme... she may be a little rascal, but she is soooo photogenic! I love it. I call out her name, and she immediately poses for me. Such a good girl =)

ok moving on!

I am the most bland person during the week.

My job doesn't call for me to be dressed up. In fact my everyday wardrobe is a t-shirt, jeans, bangs pinned back, hair in a ponytail, glasses and some kind of flat shoe.
make up? puh-lease. You'll be lucky if I put on mascara.
mmm-kayyy?

Maybe I look this way because I am not a morning person... so I typically sleep in until 30 min before I have to leave... which gives me little time to actually put any effort in.

Or it's because if I actually wear my hair down, the loose strands fall under a piece of vinyl, ruining my entire sign I was making. Frustrating! I hate having to start over, all because of one lousy piece of hair.. grrrr

but last Friday I did something totally new.

I wore a dress to work.
I curled my hair.
I wore eyeliner AND mascara 

and let me tell you, people are wayyy nicer to you when you put some effort into your looks.
and that, in turn, gave me such a confidence boost. I was smiling all day. I was talkative with customers, and loved working. 

Don't get me wrong, wearing a dress while making signs is a bad choice.. I wont be doing that again. But I do vow, from now on, to at least try and take some pride in my appearance. 

yea.. let's see how long this lasts. I'm sure I'll be throwing my hair up in a ponytail the first time I see a stray hair on one of my pretty signs =/   but at least I'm trying!

Ok book review! I know I am lacking on this front for awhile... but I had 6 different books come out this month... so needless to say I have been busy reading and not writing. So you're going to get a HUGE wave of reviews coming your way.


 First Grave on the Right 

by Darynda Jones 

Darynda Jones has managed to do what so many others have failed to do. Create a uniquely fun and dark- cross-genre- story that is as hilarious as it is well written, as totally satisfying emotionally as it is intellectually It will suck you in until the very last page, craving for more.

Thanks Sami for the recommendation! 


the story.
Charlotte "Charley" Davidson isn't like other people. She sees the dead. Queue the voice of the 6th sense kid " I see dead people"(hehe)  but the truth is, seeing the dead isn't really what makes Charley so very different from everyone else. She's THE grim reaper, the one and only,  who is so sparkly, that the dead can't help but be drawn to her. 

But being THE Grim Reaper isn't her only job. She works as a PI, helps her uncle as a consultant for the Albuquerque, NM police department (thanks to her pulse challenged friends, she finds the murders much faster than everyone else).

Needless to say, she is a busy girl.. She's got a new case of three dead, and hilariously funny , lawyers who were murdered in the same night. While she is on the case, Big Bad (her beautiful nightmare man) makes more frequent appearances( yumm-o). She gets easily distracted by shiny things, and had me laughing out at all of her one liners, as well as the random dead people she finds wondering around, haha Mr. Wong.
Review.


First Grave on the Right is wonderfully and intelligently written. The humor on the surface keeps the darkness beneath from becoming overwhelming, even when truly bad things are revealed, Charley will make you smile. The plot is hypnotizing, addicting and will have you reading well into the night. The world building is new and something I have not seen done, with more and more layers being peeled away as you turn each page.

If you a itiching to start a new series, then don't hesitate to pick this one up! It's fun and witty, and I guarantee you will love it.

Ok that's all for now. I was going to show you guys an awesome smoothie I have been making lately.. but my blender broke right in the middle of my tutorial! I guess I'll be buying a new soon.. grrrrrr


2 comments:

  1. I've been dying to read this one but I'm going to wait for the paperback to come out. The hardback is a little too expensive for me right now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...mr. wong! LOLOLOL!

    ReplyDelete