I rode my bike to work this morning.
Danny was so cute and worried about me
" don't cross the street when you aren't suppose to"..... "don't have your music up too loud"... "be careful"... "call me if anything" haha, he even took the Explorer to work today so that he could come pick me up if I was too tired to ride home tonight =) I think I might take him up on that offer.
So I ate my cheerios, and downed a full cup of coffee ( I am soooo not a morning person) and set off to the open road.
It took me less than 40 minutes to ride my bike from my house on 103rd, to my job on 135th street.
It was not easy. No ma'am it was not.
Kansas City is not flat. It has treacherous hills that make my thighs scream with pain.
And riding against the wind for 80% of the time was no fun.
But it was so liberating.
I had time to think about things, as well as, enjoy the weather before the Kansas humidity kicks in.
Will I do it again? Definitely.


Yayyyyy!!! Congratulations. :D Riding against the wind is my least favorite part of biking. You spend half your energy counter-acting the wind and so in the end you're truly only riding half assed even though you're giving it all you've got. It's just not fair!
ReplyDelete