About Me

My photo
I am a vintage loving, inspired to be crafty, addicted reader, avid movie watcher, amateur reviewer, culture adoring, independent domesticator,Strives to be healthy, mom to 2 wonderful fur-balls, and finally a passionate-loving friend, sister, daughter and girlfriend

Monday, June 20, 2011

Round my hometown, Memories are fresh

It's funny, when you strive to be a blogger, everything around you inspires your blog.
like my title.

I was blasting Adele while driving home to Wichita this weekend.
Singing at the top of my lungs, dancing in my seat, and swaying my head back and forth. 
And when "Hometown Glory" came on I instantly thought "Blog title!"

ok, onto my trip.
Wichita finally has something beat on KC. 
this is their new IMAX theater. And I am in love.
We have a couple of IMAX theaters here in KC, but they fail in comparison to the Warren IMAX.

The screen is larger ( 6 stories? yes please!)
The picture is clearer.
The sound is crisp and rumbles through your chest.

I want to drive back to Wichita, just to watch Harry Potter and Transformers.

The screen was so big I had to whisper to Keely " I might have to take off my glasses.. the screen doesn't fit within my frames!" and we were sitting in the upper middle seats.

So well done Mr. Warren on the new theater... Well done.

I miss having my own private pool. So the sister and I took full advantage of my parents pool this weekend.  

In matching pink suites, not planned, we are just that cool.


Speaking of sister. She is the main reason for my trip down south. Home-girl turned 21, and being the cool big sister that I am, I came down to help her get stupid drunk.


Doesn't she look A-MAZE-ING? I was laughing so hard while doing her fake eyelashes, so she is lucky they came out straight.

her first shot for the night.

She has only drank one time before this night, plus she weights about 105lbs, so needless to say the sister didn't last long.

Her face was numb after 2 shots. She could barely stand after 3. She made it to 6 shots before we ushered her out of the bar.

But she was Hilarious! I never laughed so much. 
She raised the roof on the dance floor
Discovered that people are so friendly when they see it's your birthday
She cried after she would take a shot.
She also kicked me out of her wedding party. Whatev.

The next day we took this stud out for brunch.
We didn't take any pictures, since the little one was hungover and bright flashes of light would have been dangerous.

I hope everyone had a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment