About Me

My photo
I am a vintage loving, inspired to be crafty, addicted reader, avid movie watcher, amateur reviewer, culture adoring, independent domesticator,Strives to be healthy, mom to 2 wonderful fur-balls, and finally a passionate-loving friend, sister, daughter and girlfriend

Thursday, September 29, 2011

What's Hanging?


The TV!!!

I can't wait for the Lion King to be out on Bluray!

It was a chore. It consumed our entire Friday night. We had to take the TV down a couple of times to hide wires or reposition the TV... but I can confidently say that we are now
 TV Hanging Professionals.

We got the wallmount from Monoprice.com for only 24 bucks w/shipping! Eat that Walmart.

We also cut the cord on cable when we bought the new place. 

Cable prices were getting out of control, plus, I can watch anything online or Netflix, and we got an HD antenna for Danny's Chief's games so it is hard to justify paying for cable.

Honestly, I don't miss cable at all
It makes me be more imaginative with my time, and not a couch potato.
BTW Antennas are awesome. we have 22 channels, ALL in HD, they don't have embarrassing bunny ears. In fact, you can't even see the antenna unless you look behind the TV.

So the break down.
I can watch all of my TV shows
The Chief's Games
I am more active
pay no cable bill.

yea. it's a no brainer.

Now I need to build a Mantle for the fireplace... because let's face it, it looks blah.

Danny and I will be cut off from the world next week.

We are visiting my family in Upstate NY and Sprint has no love for Upstate NY.

notice how far the airport is from my family. yea that's a 4 hour drive.

I am looking forward to seeing my grandparent Hazeltons and celebrating their 50th wedding anniversary, while seeing all of my mom's side of the family at my cousin's wedding. and enjoying NY in the fall time.

While I am away I will leave you with some Food Porn
bow-chicka-bow-wow. oh yes I did just go there.



I made these a few weeks ago
Slowcooker pulled BBQ Chicken Sandwiches

Put chicken of your choice in the slow cooker, pour your favorite BBQ sauce over chicken and season with whatever your heart desires. Turn the slow cooker on low for 8 hours then shred the chicken with a fork and ta-da! BBQ chicken sandwiches!!

I know.. you must be thinking "that is the most complicated recipe you have ever shown us!"
What can I say, I like a challenge =)

I like to top my sandwiches with home-made slaw


So when you are feeling lazy about dinner, throw something in the slowcooker, it never fails.

Have a happy two weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment