About Me

My photo
I am a vintage loving, inspired to be crafty, addicted reader, avid movie watcher, amateur reviewer, culture adoring, independent domesticator,Strives to be healthy, mom to 2 wonderful fur-balls, and finally a passionate-loving friend, sister, daughter and girlfriend

Thursday, October 27, 2011

Bad things happen in 3's

  1. Emme is sicker than a dog.
  2. Mac Died
  3. and Lamintor at work died
  4. and on the brighter side...

First up. Emme
1
 Homegirl was on her death bed. or so I thought. We woke up Sunday morning and she had a HUGE swollen lump under her chin, her chest was inflamed and she was hot to the touch. I immediately thought " allergic reaction" and rushed to HYVEE to get her some benedryl. After a few hours of no improvement, and having Danny violate her behind to get her temperature, I called the emergency vet.


They were puzzled since the lump was liquidy and not hard, so they were at a loss. The Vet  told me to wrap her in a wet towl, and blow the fan on her to cool her down.

So this is how I spent my Sunday.
Me and Emme, curled up on the couch, watching Lion King and the Chief's Game ( yay Chiefs!) I had my thick rob on while she laid wrapped in a wet towel sleeping on my chest.

after doing this for a few hours off and on, the swelling around her neck went down, and she was cooler.

fast forward two days and she is back to her normal crazy self. and I don't think we will ever know what caused her near death experience, but I am glad shes better, eventhough I miss her being so cuddle-y

2
In the midst of all of the Emme drama. the Mac died. The hard drive crashed.
Trying to revive the mac is the most frustrating task we have had in a long time. Yes that means it is more frustrating then painting.

let me start off by saying I am really surprised I did not cry when the Mac died. I didn't back up any of 3000+ photos on have, or any of the books. So when the Mac died, I just calmly accepted it. Maybe it's because I thought Emme was on her death bed all day, but either way I was very nonchalant, which probably bugged Danny.

So we have been on the rocky road of rebuilding our Mac. I don't see an end yet, but hopefully it is coming.

3
The Laminator/.mounter at my job broke. I'm not gonna cry over it... because that means I get to leave the shop for a few hours a day to work at the other FASTSIGNS. so I guess this isn't too bad.

On the Bright side

Journey is getting some play. and I am also learning soooo much more in Photoshop



Check out what I did to lynda's photo. yeaaa buddy! I love this picture of her. Is it weird I want to frame it?
Yes? it is weird? ok... I guess I wont frame it.

Journey also went to NY with us, and this is my favorite picture of the wedding. 
Journey also took pictures of Kayla and her friend Zosha before homecoming.


And she made an appearance at Tyler's Tae Kwon Do, which he won first place = )

He's the boy in the red with the wicked high kick.
And here he is with his trophy!

I am happy to be finally learning things on my camera. It has taken me awhile and still have a far way to go, but practice makes perfect!

I hope your week is going splendidly, and if it is, please come visit me and rub some of that splendidness onto me ..... and fix the mac. =)

1 comment:

  1. Soo glad Emme is feeling better!! Sad that all the pictures are lost, at least you have FB. And Yay for a new LAMINATER(in Terminator voice)! You've got MAD photoshopping skills! Tyler looks awesome!!

    And again..totally not weird ;)

    ReplyDelete