About Me

My photo
I am a vintage loving, inspired to be crafty, addicted reader, avid movie watcher, amateur reviewer, culture adoring, independent domesticator,Strives to be healthy, mom to 2 wonderful fur-balls, and finally a passionate-loving friend, sister, daughter and girlfriend

Monday, October 31, 2011

The Little Details are What Count

I like parties, but I love Themed Parties.
I like seeing matching decor, and people pulling together to make the party one big cohesive theme.
I love seeing the little details that pull everything together, and I love seeing the guests enjoy the party.
I truly loves it.
So when I got the chance to co-plan Kenton and Be Hong's baby shower with Lynda and Di Ha, I did a mental little dance, jumped for joy and squealed. I love baby showers and I have never had the chance to throw one. So I was a happy girl.

 Bella
They already had a baby named picked out ,which I love, makes things so much easier when trying to personalize the party.

And their choice of color was, of course, pink.
and those were the only two requirements they gave us. Bella and Pink
But trust me, that was enough. We took those two details and ran with it.

It's awesome working at a graphics/sign shop.
We designed and fabricated the banner, table-runner and "Guess the date" sign
We made pink punch out of Diet Cranberry Sierra Mist and Raspberry Sherbert
and Lya made pink cupcakes.
We found pink Susan G Koman bags to pack the prizes in and stuffed them with green tissue.

We also made the "Baby" Pin-net banner, and wrapped thank you notes from Bella around chocolate bars for the guests to enjoy.

The games we chose were meant for everyone to play! 
  • Who can drink the juice from the bottle the fastest
  • How big is Hong's Stomach? -toilet paper game
  • Charades
  • and we put a flower in everyones hair, but if you say the word "baby" you lost your flower.

After planning and creating the baby shower I discovered I love it! I love planning parties, and I think I have the right personality for it.
Danny says its my type A that comes out, but without it I wouldn't pay attention to the small details.
and the small details are what I love.

too bad i didnt discover Pinterest til after the babyshower. it's addicting

Follow Me on Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment