About Me

My photo
I am a vintage loving, inspired to be crafty, addicted reader, avid movie watcher, amateur reviewer, culture adoring, independent domesticator,Strives to be healthy, mom to 2 wonderful fur-balls, and finally a passionate-loving friend, sister, daughter and girlfriend

Monday, March 26, 2012

Hello Again.

After writing my last blog entry Goals I felt the need to take a hiatus from the blogging world and concentrate on actually accomplishing my goals instead and fretting over what I should write about next.

So Hello Again, I'm back!!!

remember how I mentioned Danny and I are impulsive and when we want things done, we get them done fast?

well we have been busy bees these past two months.

We went on a bit of a home re-decorating craze.

I spent one entire night in January painting over those retched baby boy blue walls in our living room with the color of Gentle Rain  (gray), which so happens to be the same color as Lynda and Trisha's walls.
What can I say, we all have great taste.

Our birthdays came and went, we are now old as dirt.

Then came the big projects.

We had awful, horrendous disgusting carpet and cheap porcelain tile throughout the first floor. It was embarrassing and we made it our mission to make these two problem areas go away... and go away fast.

It took us two weekends to rip up the floors. the carpet was easy, rip, pull, cut. Easy
not really our before picture.... but it gives you an idea of where we started.
The tile. not so much. We had to rent a rotary Jackhammer, and annoy our neighbors for two days while we tried to remove the tile and the stuff they use to stick it to the floor. Danny got cut up all over the place from flying pieces, and I swear my hands were vibrating for the next few days.

Just thinking about ripping up tile makes me cringe.

Then my AMAZING dad came to town with a friend and installed hardwood floors, and ceramic tiles. It only took them a day and half to complete everything, show offs



Yay! I love love love the new floor, it makes our place feel complete and modern. It now looks like our style. I love them so much I want to put the hardwood throughout the house! but when i mention this danny gives me the crazy eyes. 
I also sanded down all of our end tables and coffee table, and re-stained them a nice dark walnut and added some new hardware. Plus my artwork looks amazing on the tables now =)


and then I finally have my stripes to my upstairs hallway.


So my "Goals List" in getting crossed off left and right! 

Makes me so excited when we work so hard for something and it all comes together.

Next mission: Get the deck built  and buy me a new stove. Oh my gosh, a new stove would be amazing!!! maybe this summer... **crosses fingers**
How are your 2012 goals going?

Now I will leave you with pictures of my babies



2 comments:

  1. OMG!! what an amazing turn out!!! LOVE! and ur photo shots are friggin' awesome! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! It looks awesome! Great job!

    ReplyDelete