Last weekend Danny went on a boys trip to Austin for 4 days. I saw this as the perfect opportunity to get some much needed "E" time.aka Vegging all weekend
This is how my weekend started.
![]() |
| see. TV is still in front of the fireplace. hmph |
I wore comfy clothes.
I didn't shower.
I had the laptop connected to my hip
The tudors running non stop on Netflix.
I took two naps in one day.
I ate my entire stash of Trader Joe's Frozen dinners, and 1/2 a carton of Ice cream.
And I was bored by the end of day 1
Pathetic I know.
I suck at vegging
I suck at vegging
I was pacing the house. I ran up and down the stairs for 30 minutes, subconsciously burning off my 1/2 carton of ice cream.
and while I was running up and down the stairs I spotted my unfinished trimming, and 1/2 painted door.
LIGHT BULB!
I jump into the Explorer, high jack my work ladder, and hit up Home Depot for some paint.
Yes ladies and gentlemen, while the Dan-Man was out of the town, I had a massive urge to finish painting.
I finished the trimmings upstairs, I finished my doors. I climbed up my 8 foot ladder and painted my ceiling.
But that's not all! I was on a roll and decided to paint the doors downstairs and all of the bathroom trimmings.
Homefry needs to leave town more often, I get things done.
So now I am that much closer to having people over and this makes me happy.
Another positive of having Danny out of town, I got to bond with my babies.
I had a love/like relationship with Emme, she is a beast and I don't know how to bond with her. She is like the son I am scared to have ( I don't do well with boys) They are rough, play with bugs, and are everywhere. So Emme makes me cringe.
But something magical happened, while Danny is away, Emme is an angel.
She cuddled with me all weekend, we went on bike rides, and stared out of the window together.
By Sunday I was ready for Danny to be home. I missed his face.
it's a nice face.




No comments:
Post a Comment