About Me

My photo
I am a vintage loving, inspired to be crafty, addicted reader, avid movie watcher, amateur reviewer, culture adoring, independent domesticator,Strives to be healthy, mom to 2 wonderful fur-balls, and finally a passionate-loving friend, sister, daughter and girlfriend

Friday, December 2, 2011

Black Thursday... I mean Friday

I am a huge fan of shopping on Black Friday.
When shopping for kids or homegoods, this is the day to shop.
Traditionally you go to bed super early and wake up at the back-ass crack of dawn and stand in line for 3-4 hours, in the blistering cold, mapping out your shopping strategy.

But this year was different. Retailers opened on Thursday Night/ Midnight.
Some people were up in arms over the hour change
" what about Thanksgiving? these poor people have to work"

  Let me tell you why I roll my eyes at the argument.

1. They didnt have to be at work til 8 or 11pm. So they still get to have Thanksgiving Dinner, plus holiday pay.

2. No sympathy from me!! I use to work DOUBLES on Thanksgiving & X-mas when I worked at a movie Theatre with no holiday pay.. now that's not fair people.

3. Shoppers like the idea od staying up late instead of shopping in our morning grogginess.
and ask any of my friends,
I am NOT a morning a person.

So this Black Friday Thursday was new and improved and I loved every minute of it!

My partners in crime with Lynda,  Di Ha and Lya.

I must warn you. Lynda laughed at me when I said we had to be organized. You have to know exactly where your merchandise will be in the store, and what is the best route to getting from one object to another.
As well as, have multiple people shop with you and have them spread out throughout the store to guarantee you get what you desire.
Last year I went with my dad and I had to crawl under people in order to grab my Paula Dean Cookware and things were flying and people were screaming. It was madness.
So needless to say, I wanted to be prepared for this Black Friday.

We hit up Walmart at 7pm Thursday to insure we got dibs on the bikes/scooters/pogo sticks and other various toys for the chil'ren

We posted a person in 4 different sections of the store and we were set to go for the 10pm shopping madness!

Then we noticed skeezey people already putting things into their carts.
WTH???

So being the good girls we are, we waited patiently while secretely hoping these skeezey people would be tossed out of the store on their be-hinds!

but that didn't happen. More and more people were grabbing toys, then we heard the rumor " The manager said go ahead and grab what you would like, you just can't check out til 10pm"

mmm..OK!

We start throwing toys, sheets, appliances, towels, clothes into our carts like we are preparing for the oncoming apocalypse.

Me with 1 of our 3 full carts.
We stood in line at 9:15pm, waiting patiently for 10pm to roll around so we could check out.
but being the cool ass walmart that is was... they let us check out early!

We were out of there by 9:30pm

Yup, that 10pm Add that everyone(me) was frantically planning over was done before it was even suppose to start.

But every good thing comes with the bad. Our next stop was Target... which means now instead of going directly to Target at their Midnight opening ( we thought we would be at Walmart all night).. we had to wait outside for 2 hours. and we were not prepared. Thank the lord baby Jesus, the Danny left some clothes in the SUV 


that's not a hat on my head. That's Danny's wind-pants. and hells yes they kept my head warm!

We were about 90th-ish people in line, so when we got inside there was still plenty of TV's, but we weren't shopping for TV's, just DVD's, toothbrushes, curling irons, and suitcases.
 So needless to say we were in and out of the store in 30 minutes.
Our Haul for the night.


We did pretty damn good. Everything was pretty much 40-50% off. I saved around $200 and Lynda saved almost $500. And we are about 80% done with our X-Mas shopping. 

So was this Black Friday worth it? Hell yes. I was in bed by 2am, and got to sleep in the next day.

Next year I plan on Black Friday-ing for a TV, I might have to drag Danny with me =)

























No comments:

Post a Comment