About Me

My photo
I am a vintage loving, inspired to be crafty, addicted reader, avid movie watcher, amateur reviewer, culture adoring, independent domesticator,Strives to be healthy, mom to 2 wonderful fur-balls, and finally a passionate-loving friend, sister, daughter and girlfriend

Thursday, December 29, 2011

Sock Bun!! and Christmas

Before I start with the Christmas blog, I have to share something that is completely awesome
Sock Bun Curls


All of those curls with 1 sock, no heat, and no damage.
I am in love.

I first saw this on Pinterest and then my friend Sami showed us how to do it at one of our girls nights, and I instantly knew this hairstyle was made for me.

Now as a warning, I am one of those lucky people who can literally go days without washing my hair. It's not gross, I still shower, I just don't need to wash my hair, so the sock bun might work differently on you.

I wash my hair at night, roll it in a sock while it is still wet, go to sleep, wake up "French Bathe" also known as shower without washing your hair, and then go to work! By the time evening comes around my hair has been in the sock bun for 24 hours and looks AMAZING once I unroll it. 

It's fascinating. even Danny is impressed. 

For the Video on how to do your own sock bun click here

Try it! I swear on anything you will love it. And even if it doesn't give you amazing curls, at least you will have a super cute bun to wear on "bad" hair days.

So back to Christmas
It's funny how almost immediately after Halloween (yes.. Halloween) I start plotting my Christmas decor, presents to get and when to shop.  I think I am bordering on Christmas Psycho, can you imagine how bad I would be with kids?  So by mid-December I am Christmas-ed out... and the holiday hasn't even come around yet.

So once I get past my Christmas Psycho Mode I discover that all of my fretting over what to buy people, what to make,  where to go  and what in the world are we going to do with Brodie and his ruptured anal gland didn't even matter, and find myself laughing and joking around with my family, and of course taking pictures.

Boyfriend, Myself, Sister, and Sisterboy

My family. we're cool.
Danny's Family


We spent Christmas Eve with my family, and drove back to KC to spend Christmas with Danny's

Splitting Holidays sure is tough,  but I'm glad we did it.

We had lamb and potatoes at the Hazelton's and Duck with noodles at the Nguyen's,.
My sister made some scrumptious cake truffles, cheesecake bars, and cookies.
I'm stunned that I didn't gain 5 pounds.

It was a busy/fun packed week, and if this is how 2011 is going to end, then I can't wait to see what 2012 will bring =)

Now go try the sock bun! and I'll see you next year
I didn't know where to squeeze this picture in... but it's going in the blog. She is just so darn Cute!


1 comment: